Recipe of the Week: Cheddar & Bacon Breakfast Muffins
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. Green Giant® Cheddar With Bacon Mashed Cauliflower
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked, cubed ham
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- additional shredded cheddar, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Prepare Cheddar With Bacon Mashed Cauliflower as directed on pack. Spoon into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Add oil, milk and eggs to bowl with Mashed Cauliflower and whisk until well combined.
- Pour into flour mixture and stir until combined – don’t overmix, a few lumps are fine.
- Gently fold in cheddar cheese, ham and green onions.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin tin and top each muffin with a sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake until tops spring back and muffins are golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes, then remove from pan and serve.
- NOTE: Muffins can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator and reheated for a quick breakfast. They also freeze well.